Good hair days make me feel like I can rule the world!
I have decided to put together what products and techniques I use on my hair. I’m often asked questions about how I maintain my long hair. Well there isn’t a secret, other than looking after your hair as best as you can.
1. Firstly I don’t wash my hair everyday….. That may sound disgusting to some but every other day is all your hair needs.
2. When I’m in the shower I don’t like too have the water too hot! Keeping the water cooler is meant to keep the luxurious condition of your hair.
3. I personally prefer to use Head and Shoulders shampoo, I am sensitive to several shampoos but that’s not the whole reason I use this product for. I have used hundreds of shampoos over the years (As you can Imagine) But I genuinely love the texture I have in my hair after I use Head and Shoulders.
4. My Favourite Conditioner that I use is the L’Oreal Elvive extraordinary oil. You should use about a 2p size amount on your hair, but I think it all depends on your hair length…. I use a lot more than that! But this makes me feel like I’m on a hair commercial advert when I use this product.
5. When I’m out the shower I leave my hair wrapped up in a towel for a while to try and let the hair dry naturally rather than being soaking wet. I would leave it to dry natural the whole time but who really has time for that? Plus doesn’t your hair go all crazy like an afro or is that just me?
6. Before drying my hair I make sure I use a Tangle Teezer that’s purely for wet hair. I have seen mixed opinions on this product and many people rave about using combs on wet hair. I sadly can’t do that as it would take me forever! Plus we all at some point have a knot in our hair and that would hurt so much trying to take it out with a comb.
7. I then put a small amount of the L’Oreal no haircut cream throughout my hair. I hate going the hairdressers so I do feel like this product helps with reducing split ends. This product also smells amazing!!
8. I then go over the whole of my hair with my favourite heat defence spray from Schwarzkopf which is the got2b Guardian Angel spray. This personally for me is a huge step into maintaining a luxurious feel to your hair, I apply this when my hair is wet, just before you use heat products on your hair.
9. For drying my hair, I cannot rave more about this product and it’s the Ghd hairdryer. If you have a Ghd hairdryer then you will also understand how this does wonders for your hair! I find it so much quicker when drying and it also helps with making my hair dry straight.
10. When my hair is all dry, I like to use my most trusted hair product and its Berber Oil. I tell everyone about this product when they ask about my hair as It honestly makes my hair grow so quick and the condition it leaves my hair in is utterly spectacular. I only use a small amount in my hands, rub them together and put it all across my hair. The shine and the texture of your hair after is the best feeling! I try to put this on my hair everyday or at least every other day.
For Extra products that I don’t use everyday, whenever I curl my hair I use the Tresemme freeze hold hairspray. This product doesn’t leave your hair too wet and seems to hold my curls in for over 24 hours as well. Then for some extra volume I use Batiste original dry shampoo, just because the length of my hair pulls and can make it look flat sometimes. However when I use this product it adds more volume to my hair and gives it a fuller look.
I have used a variety of products over the years on my hair but nothing seems to do the job like these products. I would love to know if you have any recommendations on other products which you think would work so I can give them a go.
Girl With The Long Hair x